Styles Silver
Home
Home
Back
Back
Sales Terms
Sales Terms
Search
Search
Contact Us
Contact Us



Keswick School of Industrial Art

Scroll down to see selection of items for sale


Canon Rawnsley (1851-1920) Vicar of Crosthwaite, near Keswick and a Canon of Carlisle with his wife Edith founded the Keswick School of Industrial Arts as a metalwork class in 1884 following the teachings of John Ruskin and William Morris. In 1893 a new building housed the school and 5 years later Harold Stabler became a full time tutor, then Herbert Maryon, who had been apprenticed to Ashbee, followed by Robert Hilton. In 1931 they started production in stainless steel for Heals and in the 1950's Leslie Durbin was involved for a short time. Hand finished metal work proved a difficult competitor to machine finished work and the School closed in its centenary year, 1984. Although they produced furniture and furnishings, it is for their metalwork that they are mainly remembered for.
 




KESWICK SCHOOL of ART Silver SpoonKESWICK SCHOOL of ART Silver Spoon

Silver 'Tree of Life' Spoon
Keswick School of Art
Chester 1921
10.4 cm

£195 



Silver Napkin Ring

Silver Napkin Ring
Keswick School of Industrial Art
Birmingham 1903
Diameter: 4.5 cm

£240 


Silver Napkin Ring